We organized a special STRAVA CHALLENGE Soča & Giro
Test your strength and perseverance on a beautiful climb. Ascend to Kolovrat, where you will find delightful views and a free outdoor museum on Kolovrat mountain ridge.
We challenge you to cycle from 1 April 2022 to 30 June 2022 on the most difficult ascent of this year's Giro D’Italia on the Slovenian side.
Start: Gostišče Jazbec Inn, Idrsko 56, Idrsko - Kobarid
Finish: Center for School and Extracurricular Activities Kavka, Livške Ravne 9, Kobarid
- By May 20, 2022, 5 people will be drawn from all participants to receive the Soča & Giro promotional T-shirt.
- The challenge is open until the end of June, when the fastest three (3) will receive practical prizes from the Soča Valley.
- A symbolic award will also be given to 2 people who will be the closest to the time set by Valter Bonča on the route.
Rules of participation
- Use of the Strava app and a publicly visible profile.
- Find the Soča & Giro challenge.
- Follow the Soča Valley Facebook profile and / or the Soča Valley Instagram profile, where we will publish the names of the winners on 20 May and 30 June.
- More information at .
Prize at the top
When you conquer the summit, you can walk through trenches, tunnels and caverns and relive the memory of the unfortunate, but important, events that took place a hundred years ago. Idyllic views will take you from the Adriatic Sea and through the green hills to the mighty Julian Alps. The Kolovrat ridge is accessible from the direction of Kobarid and Tolmin, the roads are asphalted with little traffic.
Soča Valley also offers many other cycling and hiking trails, suitable for all levels of fitness and for all generations. Alpine air, salted with the Mediterranean, excellent cuisine, natural wonders and unforgettable experiences will make your week and brighten the year. Whoever comes to Soča Valley falls in love with the Soča river forever.