Kanin cable car for hikers, climbers and alpinists
The Soča Valley boasts the tallest and mightiest peaks of the Julian Alps.
Hints for a hike:
- See the Prestreljeniško okno (Prestreljenik Window) and the natural bridge on Kanin;
- climb on via ferrata from Sedlo to Prestreljeniško okno (guided tour, suitable also for families)
- meet the high mountain Karst phenomena on the Kaninsko pogorje nature trail;
- visit the Peter Skalar Lodge (2,206 m) – currently closed, a bivouac shelter is available (you may take the keys at Kavarna caffe in Bovec)
- choose a challenging guided tour with a mountain guide to the Visoki Kanin (High Kanin) (2,587 m),
- choose between the hiking tours on Prestreljenik (2,499 m), Laška planja (2,448 m) and Rombon (2,208 m);
- or alpine routes: Kanin mountains.