Hiking safety instructions in the Soča Valley
Make sure you are safe in the mountains and hike accompanied by a guide.
Check the weather forecast and other conditions along your route. Judge your physical and mental condition carefully. Don't forget to bring the recommended equipment, e.g.:
- via ferrata protection kit,
- in winter, crampons and a pickaxe.
Wear appropriate clothing and footwear. Remember to take some food.
- take into consideration your physical and mental condition, skills and experience,
- bring the right equipment,
- learn about the dangerous and difficult trails or trail sections,
- look up the weather forecast,
- look up any special warnings,
- protect the environment, don't disturb animals,
- do not underestimate the difficulty of the hiking routes; do not overestimate your skills and abilities.
Emergency call number: 112