In order to use the entry and exit points, you must first purchase the right permit for your vessel. You can now do this quickly and easily via the link:
Visiting the Soča and the Koritnica with an experienced guide
Considering the changeable conditions in nature, the local river specifics and technically demanding sections, it is recommended that you only visit the river accompanied by an experienced guide who holds the required licences for guided boating.
For a safe river trip, arrange for guided boating with one of the sports companies.
Remember to bring the right equipment and don't overestimate your skills
If you are planning an independent kayaking trip down the river, we recommend that you consider your skills, experience, mental and physical condition.
- the right equipment and vessel,
- consulting the weather forecast and water level,
- getting acquainted with the dangerous sections and sections where boating is prohibited,
- looking up any special warnings.
For safe boating on the Soča and the Koritnica, don't forget
- the Soča and the Koritnica are cold Alpine rivers with a steep slope and a high level of difficulty in certain sections.
- In order to use the entry and exit points, you must first purchase the right permit for your vessel.
- Access to the Soča and the Koritnica for recreational boating is only permitted at marked entry and exit points.
- The boating season is open from 15 March to 31 October from 9:00 to 18:00.
- Consider your own safety and the safety of others.
- Do not underestimate the difficulty of the river course. Do not overestimate your skills and abilities.
- The use of the entry and exit points and adherence to the Decree are monitored by the Intermunicipal Inspection.
- Any violation of the rules will be penalised in accordance with the Decree.
You can find current information on the situation on the river, navigation regime and the Navigation decree on www.soca-plovba.si.