The Stergulc House
A museum collection on the history of Bovec and the Stergulc family.
Subjects covered in the Strgulc House Stories museum collection
- the Bovec area as a strategic and border territory;
- Andrej Strgulc (1927-2002), the first mayor of the Bovec municipality in the independent Slovenia and an amateur local historian;
- pictures of Bovec houses (old postcards and photographs of Bovec through the ages);
- stories of some Bovec families, personal items, certificates, furniture; documentary;
- Bovec dialect, audio recordings of storytellers telling folk stories from the Bovec area in the local dialect;
- stories about events from the period between the wars;
- people of note from Bovec: Mihael Štrukelj, Ivo Juvančič, Ida Kravanja – Ita Rina, Anton Ocvirk.
The museum collection was organised by the Tolmin Museum.
Information on the Stergulc House Stories museum collection:
T: +386 31 555 416
Občina Bovec (Municipality of Bovec)
Trg golobarskih žrtev 8, 5230 Bovec
T: +386 5 384 19 00, +386 5 384 19 09
Tolminski muzej (Tolmin Museum)
Mestni trg 4, 5220 Tolmin
T: +386 5 381 13 60
The opening hours:
|Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday and public holidays||16.00 - 20.00|