Church of the Virgin Mary of Loreto
The miners' Baroque style church of the Virgin Mary of Loreto was built in 1690.
Access to the church of the Virgin Mary of Loreto
The church is situated in Trenta in the settlement of Pri Cerkvi along the Bovec-Vršič road.
Features of the church of the Virgin Mary of Loreto
- built by the Counts of Attems, the then-owners of the Trenta ironworks;
- Baroque style: Black Madonna statue in the alter niche, a marble relief depicting the Annunciation, a stone Madonna statue in a niche on the church front;
- Tone Kralj's paintings from 1945;
- part of the church roof is shingled;
- the building was remodelled in the early 20th century.
The traditional holy mass on the name day of St. Anne is held in the church of the Virgin Mary of Loreto every year.